All bookings are subject to the following Terms & Conditions.
Please read the Booking Conditions and information contained in our booking form/brochure/website/email confirmation carefully, as these form the basis of your contract with Canggu Bali Surf Lesson, and set out the respective rights and obligations of both parties. In the following Booking Conditions, ‘you’ refers to the Party Leader and ‘we’ or ‘us’ or ‘the Company’ refers to Canggu Bali Surf Lesson.
By submitting your booking, you represent to us that you have the authority to make the booking on behalf of your party and that you accept, on behalf of you and/or your party, that the booking is subject to these Terms and Conditions. A contract exists as soon as we issue our Booking Confirmation Form.
Registration is not complete until full payment has been received.
Online payment may be made by credit card or PayPal in conjunction with the submission of a completed registration form.
All course prices are subject to change without advance notice, however, once you have made your booking and paid for a course the price will not normally be subject to any changes.
An additional charge of USD $10 / IDR 130.000 per person (adults only) applies during high season (June 1st – September 30th & December 24th – January 5th) for our private lessons, intermediate lessons and surf tours.
The additional charge is payable in the office upon your arrival.
2. ALTERATIONS TO BOOKING
If, after your full payment/deposit has been received, you wish to change your course in any way, we will do what we can to reasonably accommodate such changes, but it may not always be possible. If you or any member of your party is unable to proceed with the course, you can transfer the booking to a substitute person, provided they satisfy all the conditions applicable to the original booking and your request is received by us at least 2 days prior to commencement of the course. Any request for changes must be made in writing and signed by the Party Leader. You will be liable to pay any costs and/or expenses that we incur in making this alteration, which will be detailed in booking alteration email. Customers wishing to add people to a party after the initial booking will only be able to do so if sufficient spaces are available. Availability should not be assumed and you should first contact us to check availability. The price of your course may increase or decrease to reflect your requested changes. Note that a reduction in party members attending a course will not necessarily result in a reduction of the price of your booking.
- Any outstanding payment amount, if applicable, is to be paid to Canggu Bali Surf Lesson directly upon arrival and before any services commence.
- For inquiries regarding changes to an existing reservation, please contact Canggu Bali Surf Lesson directly.
- Please do not bring your valuables while surfing. We are not responsible for lost, stolen and/or damaged items.
- The maximum duration for a surf lesson is 2.5 hours. Lessons may end before the full 2.5 hours due to a variety of external factors including, but not limited to weather conditions, currents, rips and tides. We do, however, guarantee a lesson of at least 1 hour in duration. No refunds are offered for completed work.
- 5. Depending on ocean conditions, we may need change the surf time and surf location for safety reason.
All participants without a Company-provided hotel transfer service must arrive to the Canggu Bali Surf Lesson office at least 15 minutes before the course start time.
5. PERSON AUTHORIZED TO MAKE THE BOOKING
The Party Leader is responsible for seeing that all members of their party are physically fit to take part in the surf lesson. The Party Leader is responsible for providing, at the time of booking, the Company with any known potential medical conditions that may affect the personal safety of any party members and for notifying, in writing, the Company of any special needs of any party members.
6. TERMINATION OF BOOKING
We reserve the right, in our absolute discretion, to terminate without further notice, the booking arrangements of any client who refuses to comply with the instructions or orders of the Company staff or other responsible person. This includes those whose behavior, in the opinion of the Company staff or other responsible person, is likely to cause distress, danger, injury or annoyance to other clients, staff, or any third party and/or damage to property. Upon such termination our responsibility for your booking ceases and we shall not be held liable for any additional costs incurred.
7. CANCELLATION POLICY
Once you have made a booking that has been confirmed by the Company’s reservation staff, your booking is subject to the cancellation fee, if applicable. Please refer to the refund policy (Section 10)
8. TRANSFER SERVICE
- Transfer service is available on a first come first serve basis. Transfer service is not guaranteed unless it is confirmed by the Company.
- As a courtesy to other guests sharing the transportation, please be ready before your scheduled pick-up time.
- Pick-up times must occasionally be adjusted for traffic jams due to road diversions and/or Balinese ceremonies. We are sorry for this inconvenience.
- The shuttle bus will wait for no more than 5 minutes at your hotel lobby. Guests who miss the shuttle bus must arrange their own transportation and at their expense. In cases of late arrivals, your lesson may be cancelled at our discretion. We are not responsible for lesson cancellation if the transportation is missed. Refer to the refund policy (Section 10) for more information.
- Hotel transfer service is not available for the last minute bookings, those with less than 24 hours notice to the Company’s staff.
- Hotel transfer service is included for the following areas only- Canggu, Kuta, Legian, Seminyak, Sanur, Nusa dua, and Jimbaran.
- Hotel transfer service is not available for pick up & drop off at private properties, public areas, unregistered addresses and/or Airbnb rental properties. Pick up is only provided at the lobby of registered hotels or villas.
9. GROUP LESSON
- If you take part in a group lesson, you may meet some other guests.
- All guests in the group lesson are new beginners. This package is not recommended for participants who have tried surfing before.
- Please focus and pay close attention to the surf instructor while you are in the group.
- Group lessons will begin as scheduled. There is no extra time for those guests who arrive late.
- The minimum age for this group is 15 years old.
- Language requests may not be made for group lessons. For our other packages, language requests are subject to availability.
10. REFUND POLICY
- No refunds will be offered if any guest(s) want to stop surfing before the maximum lesson time of 2.5 hours.
- No refunds will be offered for multi-day surf packages if guests do not want to continue.
- No refunds will be offered for bad weather. We will, however, offer vouchers for those lessons that we cancel, at our discretion, due to bad weather.
- No refunds will be offered if a guest is injured during the surf lesson.
- Refunds and/or partial refunds will only be offered at our absolute discretion.
- 50% refunds are provided within 7 days, when such cancellation notice is provided at least 24 hours before the surf lesson starting time.
- No refunds are provided for cancellations within 24 hours of the surf lesson starting time.
- In the event of a cancellation less than 24 hours before the surf lesson starting time, both the booking fee and the booking deposit are non-refundable.
- If surf conditions become unsafe during a lesson, the surf instructors may modify the lesson and undertake activities on the beach rather than in the water. The lesson may need to be postponed or rescheduled due to poor conditions. In these situations we will offer you alternative dates for your lesson, yet no refunds will be offered.
- If you are unable or unwilling to accept these alternative dates, we will provide a surf voucher under the original booking conditions, valid anytime up to 1 year from the date of the original booking.
- The Company reserves the right to cancel/curtail your surf lesson due to circumstances amounting to Force Majeure – these include, but are not limited to: war, riots, government action, terrorism, fire, weather conditions, strike action and all similar events outside the Company’s control which prevent or affect the Company’s contractual obligation. Where such circumstances occur the Company will not be liable to offer refunds or compensation.
- If you are not 100% satisfied with your lesson, you may inform our reservation staff in the office no more than 1 hour after the lesson begins. We will either change the instructor or reschedule your lesson. No refunds are offered for completed work.
11. BOARD RENTAL
- All transactions of board rentals including facilities are subject to the provisions of the company.
- The insurance is only coverage for the surfboard itself. Please make sure you have your own travel insurance before renting the board.
- Surf experience is required.
- The minimum age for board rental is 15 years old.
12. PHOTO & VIDEO USAGE
We frequently take photos and videos of customers, both adults and children under 16 years old. We reserve the right to use these in our brochures, social media and in any other promotional material as desired. You agree that we may use such images in promotional, advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever. You further agree that any copyright rests with such authorized parties only. If you wish to opt out, please email info(at)balisurfinglesson(dot)com.
13. WET SEASON CONDITIONS:
Please be informed that garbage in Kuta Beach, Seminyak and Canggu Beach are commonplace during the rainy season in Bali.
To clean the garbage on the Beach and in the ocean, the government has mobilized local residents to clean up the beach every morning. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused by such conditions. No refunds are offered for completed work.
14. INSURANCE TERMS & CONDITIONS:
We strongly recommend that you are properly insured for your lesson. It is your responsibility to ensure that your policy includes coverage for emergencies, including those which may occur during watersport activities such as surf lessons.
The Company accepts responsibility should any of the services which we are contractually obligated to provide prove insufficient or not of a reasonable standard. This includes responsibility for the acts or omissions of any of our employees, subcontractors and suppliers. As detailed below, no liability is accepted for death, injury or illness.
The Company does not accept liability or responsibility for personal injury to, or the death of any participant howsoever caused unless by the proven negligence of the Company, its employees, suppliers or subcontractors. Furthermore, the company is not held responsible for accidental injury or death caused by another party. In addition, the Company is NOT liable for death, injury or illness caused by an activity beyond that of the Company’s activities.
The Company does not accept claims for medical bills or expenses during the medical treatment of its customers.
14. 1 Age limits:
The minimum age is 7 years old and the maximum age is 65 years old.
It is the responsibility of the participant(s) to ensure they are physically fit, able to participate, and in good general health both before and during the surf lesson. At the time of booking, participants are required to disclose any illness or disability (including, but not limited to diabetes, epilepsy, asthma, heart condition, recent injuries, hearing impairment, visual impairment) that may affect their ability to participate. For those participants unsure regarding the aforementioned Health requirements, they must check with a doctor before booking and must be able to produce a note from their doctor upon our request. Participants must bring any necessary medication with them and ensure that our staff are made aware of said medication and its required method(s) of administration. Be advised that some of the activity locations are remote and/or isolated.
The Company reserves the right to refuse any booking on the grounds that a medical condition may be potentially detrimental to the safety and normal operation of the course, as well as other participants when applicable.
14.3 Limit of Liability for Accidental Injury:
Territorial Limit of the Insurance: Bali province only
Limits of Liability
Death: IDR 110.000.000
Permanent Disablement: IDR 110.000.000
Medical Expenses: IDR 11.000.000
No coverage offered for losses arising from the use of contact lenses.
Insurance coverage applies only if the accident occurs during the surf lesson.
Accidental Injury refers to Bodily Injury caused by an Accident (of external origin) being the direct and independent cause of the Loss. To qualify as a Loss, it is required that 1) a physical examination and medical treatment are provided by a Physician and 2) the treatments commence while your coverage is in effect. The injury must be verified by a Physician.
Additional expenses that are incurred during the medical treatment will be the customer’s sole responsibility.
The insurance coverage excludes the following:
- Additional expenses for supplements and/or vitamins that incur separately from the doctor’s medical receipt
- Prosthesis and prosthesis-related expenses
- Non-medical service expenses
- Cosmetic treatment expenses
- Other expenses that are not related to high priority treatment
Please ask the staff for more detailed information about the insurance.
By submitting your booking, you agree with the terms & conditions of the insurance.
Our aim is to provide you with an enjoyable and hassle-free surf lesson. If you have a problem or complaint it is important, and in your own best interest, to tell a relevant member of the Canggu Bali Surf Lesson staff immediately, so that steps can be taken to resolve the matter on the spot. If your complaint cannot be resolved under such condition, please notify us in writing/email to info(at)balisurfinglesson(dot)com, immediately upon your return. We strongly recommend that you communicate any problem to our staff without delay. If such problems aren’t made known immediately to the Company, we will have been deprived of the opportunity to investigate and rectify your complaint whilst you were on the course, which may affect your rights under this contract. The Company will make every effort to provide suitable alternatives but will not be held liable for changes made or caused by outside influences. Disputes arising out of, or in connection with this contract that cannot be amicably settled may be referred to arbitration, if you so wish, under a special scheme that is administered independently by the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
Our staff is often asked for information not contained in the brochure. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that all information given is correct, the Company cannot be held responsible if this information should prove inaccurate. The Company cannot accept liability for causes of dissatisfaction that are not made known to us, in writing, within 7 days of lesson completion.
16. LAST-MINUTE BOOKINGS
Any customer making a last minute booking is solely responsible to contact us directly for a confirmation. This applies to bookings made within 24 hours of the lesson starting time. Due to our handling of customers on-site, we may be unable to reply to your email fast enough to provide a confirmation and/or address your questions/concerns. It is therefore, the customer’s sole responsibility to contact us directly, via the following method:
Phone / Whatsapp: +62818 558822
No refunds will be offered for any reason should you fail to contact us directly for a last-minute booking confirmation.